Tuesday 24 June 2008

One of those things

Just a couple of days ago I began wearing the scapular of our Lady of Mount Carmel. Somebody gave it to me, and I just put it on, without having it properly imposed or blessed. Well, where's a calced Carmelite when you need one? And don't just tell me any priest can do it these days; I know that, but it doesn't really feel right just doing it for myself, and, really it is a Carmelite thing.
Well, whaddya know? Tonight a 'calced' Carmelite priest, one Fr Galvin, turned up at my door needing accommodation for a couple of days……
What are the probabilities of that? It has never happened before to me, as long as I have been a priest.

3 comments:

Cerimoniere said...

Apparently, Providence really desires you to be enrolled in the Confraternity!

Looking forward to seeing on your travels soon, Father...

Fr Ray Blake said...

God obviously is calling you to put of your shoes and ascend the Holy Mountain!

gemoftheocean said...

Too bad you didn't also wish for winning lottery numbers! Could have paid off the church mortgage and bills and whatever else besides!