Tuesday 15 June 2010

The New Collects — final version

Someone who has asked to remain anonymous has very kindly sent to me the (presumably) final, final, versions of the collects I gave in earlier posts.
You will see that I have entered these finished versions in bold.

These were the collects as presented to the Holy Father and Curia, and it would appear that several of my points of unease have been addressed. In fact, I quite liked the 2008 versions, and I like these 2010 ones better.

It has made me wonder whether the ordinary of the Mass, as appearing on the USCCB website, has also been subject to such revision; I had some similar points of unease, and it would be good to think that someone might have been doing a little last-minute revision.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I don't know if it is the case, but someone told me that this week's 'Tablet' had an article saying that there were to be changes to the 'final' version presented by Vox Clara to the Holy Father - interpreting the delay to justification of the campaign not to publish the new translation yet.

No doubt we'll be told in due time.