Sunday 4 September 2011

Return

I don't know if you have ever seen the film Cristo é fermato á Eboli? It was a bit how I felt in 2005 when I was appointed to be the Pastor to the Valle Adurni.

This morning, celebrating Mass for the first time for a year in the main church of the parish, I put the Blessed Sacrament in the hands of a teenager, into the same place that I had put the same Lord for the first time some six or seven years ago. And I saw a rosary ring there on her finger.

I wept. I hope nobody noticed, though my sight was rather blurred for the rest of the Communion line.

These moments make every moment of being a priest, all the annoyances and difficulties, worth while.

I'm home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you.

Don said...

Great feeling I'm sure!

In Christ,

Don
http://exposeyourblog.com

georgem said...

No names, no pack drill, but I know one of your parishioners who thinks you're ace and will be very glad you are back.

The Bones said...

Welcome back, Father.

Woody said...

God bless you Fr. Sean. You are the best.