Thursday 7 August 2014

Transhumance

Well, all good things come to an end. A month from today (7th September) I will be celebrating my last Mass in the Valle Adurni, for I have been reassigned to the Church of the Sacred Heart, Caterham on the Hill in Surrey. And so the Pastor in Valle will become the Pastor in Monte.

I'm not sure what to do about the blog; you'll have noticed that over the last couple of years my posts have become increasingly sporadic, largely for reasons which Fr Ray cleverly analysed a few weeks ago following a conversation we had in a Shoreham restaurant.

Once I go, I won't post any more to this particular blog, I think, since there will be a new Pastor in Valle, but if I feel the muse a-fluttering around, I might start a new one. I'll post up a link here, if so.

Thank you and God bless you for reading, and for the comments and all that stuff. Above all, oremus pro invicem, let us pray for each other and for our holy Mother, the Church.

10 comments:

Genty said...

Thank you for your insightful posts, Father. God grant you a happy and fruitful tenure and remember you are only a click away from your online parish.

Dorothy B said...

Dear Father,

Thank you for all the good work you have done with your blog. I wish you every blessing as you open this new chapter in your priestly life, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I look forward to reading your posts if you decide to start a new blog.

God bless,
Dorothy B

Flambeaux said...

Thank you, Father. I have appreciated your insights. I will continue to pray for you.

Eccles said...

I hope you'll resume blogging from your new parish!

Tom Piatak said...

May the Lord bless you in your new assignment. I have greatly enjoyed your writing here and hope you continue your blog.

Delia said...

Will look forward to adding Pastor in Monte to my blog list! I have really appreciated your excellent and insightful posts. May God bless you in your new parish.

Woody said...

Dear Father,

I join the others in wishing you a blessed and fruitful apostolate at your new parish, and also in the hope that you will continue to blog so that we all may benefit from your thoughts.

With heartfelt gratitude (as you know) and appreciation,

Woody JOnes

IanW said...

Thank you, Fr., for your posts and your willingness to share with us something of your thoughts and struggles. I hope the move goes well and that we will see you on the intertubes once more.

gemoftheocean said...

Whatever you do, for the love of God, please DON'T delete this one as people are sometimes wont to do because people may well have links to certain posts or like to look up things for reference like your Sarum mass stuff. And if you name your next blog, make it something that's not so tied to a given parish. I do hope you will continue blogging though, your pieces, though sporadic, are still always a fun read and usually thought provoking.

Unknown said...

Dear Father

Thank you very much for your interesting blog posts, I have really enjoyed reading them and hope that you will continue blogging in the future. I often think about and share the insights you gave me during the instruction in the faith classes.

God bless you in your new parish.
Amanda F-R