Friday 9 May 2008

Facebook

I have recently received quite a number of 'friend requests' on Facebook from people I don't know at all. Please don't think me rude, but I'm reluctant to accept such requests as they would reveal the names &c of people who really are my friends, and reveal notes left on my wall &c. If it is simply my memory that is faulty, you could remind me where and when we met &c by leaving a note on this blog saying 'not for publication' or whatever.
I'm sorry if this makes me sound like an old grouch; I'm flattered that nice people who read this blog would like to be friends, and no doubt if we meet one day, we shall be. But until then, please forgive my reticence.

4 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

Oooooh, are you on Facebook too?

PeterHWright said...

I am happy to admit I don't know (or want to know,) what a Facebook is, what it does, what you can do to it, or with it.

There is nothing like a well written letter, but letter writing seems to be a dying art.

A pity.

Anonymous said...

But I'd like to know: what is Facebook?

Anonymous said...

I'm not on Facebook but I think I remember one of my children saying that you can decide which people you wish to see certain/private parts of facebook.