Wednesday 7 August 2013

Exhibition

There is an amazing exhibition on the spread of Western European Christianity up to the middle ages (and a little bit of the counter-Reformation church too) which has just opened in Paderborn. I really am very tempted to get on a plane and go to see it. The organizers have gathered together an extraordinary quantity of fascinating artefacts from all around Europe, very well chosen and organized. The accompanying literature, a guide and a catalogue/essay-festschrift, look wonderful, beautifully illustrated. Among other delights offered is, on 17th August, a guided tour of the exhibition in Latin! The exhibition will continue until early November.
You can visit the website here.

1 comment:

Randolph Crane said...

I know this is a really old post, but I have been there, and it was well worth it. Very informational! I even have the booklet although the larger book of 60 € was a little bit too expensive for me.

I can only recommend to obtain at least the booklet.